Friday, December 13, 2013

Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Cookies

This recipe comes from my College Vegetarian Cooking cookbook. The author describes these cookies as "giant Teddy Grahams" which is so accurate I couldn't think of a better way to say it.



They are vegan and we all know the best thing about vegan baking is that you can eat the raw cookie dough (I guess I should add, "without worrying about getting sick," because raw eggs have never stopped me from eating cookie dough). The other best thing about vegan baking is that you can take the cookies out early if you like soft cookies or leave them for the entire duration if you like them crunchier (for the same reason). So with all that said, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:


  • 1 cup softened margarine (I use smart balance)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325°F. Add margarine and sugars to a mixing bowl and combine vigorously until smooth and creamy. Add flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Stir until thoroughly incorporated. Roll dough into 1"-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet, approximately 2" apart. Bake for eight to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.


Dear my parent's Ninja blender and food processor,
I'll miss you when I move out. I have treasured our time together. We created delicious and nutritious smoothies in individual travel cups. You perfect the art of making cookie dough. If I wasn't a poor unemployed post-graduate I would invest in your cloned family members. I will not forget you, let's make the most of the time we have left together.
Love, Maggie


Dear my parent's convection oven,

I'll miss you when I move out. I have treasured our time together. You have made it so that I can cookie two trays of cookies at the same time for the same amount of time. Your light provides rays of light as if God is watching over the things that bake within you. If I wasn't a poor unemployed post-graduate I would invest in your cloned family members. I will not forget you, let's make the most of the time we have left together.
Love, Maggie


These cookies look so yummy.... mmmmm cinnamonny goodness. Did I ever tell you that cinnamon is my favorite food group? Well it is. :)

Cinnamon Sugar Cookies with Candy Cane Blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment